7.07.2011

Rugs.




It's really hot here in Brooklyn, but that didn't stop me from going on an all out cleaning frenzy on my day off.  I moved into my apartment (found through Cragislist, bleh) about a 1.5 years ago and I'm now second in running for "longest resident" of this four bedroom abode.  Needless to say, there is a lot of crap left laying around that belongs to roommates of the past and the apartment was never stylish to begin with.  NOT AT ALL.  I mean, it feels like a hostel in here.  So... slowly but surely, I'm adding my own details into this place, trying to make it feel like a home.  Adding these rugs to a few rooms definitely helped out a lot.  Now every time I walk into the living room/kitchen/bathroom, my mind makes a little "ahhhh" sound.  (The pink one in the last picture reminds me of these Egyptian textiles).  And amazingly enough, I found them at Family Dollar for five bucks each while on a aimless walk around my neighborhood. I guess rugs really do tie a room together.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...